Aims & Objectives
Main page content
The aim of the Mechanical Engineering programme is to provide broad-based education and training in mechanical engineering sciences and their applications that will enable graduates to meet the challenges of the engineering profession in a rapidly changing environment such as exists in a developing country like Ghana. These challenges require the ability to apply existing knowledge in new ways thereby creating new systems and opportunities as well as adapting existing technology to local production conditions. They require the ability to manage, service, maintain and improve upon existing as well as new systems. The programmes and courses are therefore guided by these concepts.
On successful completion of the programme, the graduate shall be able to
- Design, manufacture and assemble mechanical components and systems,
- Solve engineering problems by analysis and empirical methods, including application of the computer,
- Install, commission, operate, maintain and service plant / machinery, tools and equipment,
- Prepare and read engineering drawings,
- Prepare and present engineering reports, and
- Apply relevant social science principles to manage engineering organisations and maintain cordial human relations.